Kemps’ 100th Anniversary Mobile “Mooseum” Touring Minnesota and Wisconsin in 2014
Sun, June 08, 2014 | Press Releases
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MEDIA CONTACTS: Paul Maccabee, Maccabee PR, 612-337-0087
KEMPS’ 100TH ANNIVERSARY MOBILE “MOOOSEUM”
TOURING MINNESOTA AND WISCONSIN IN 2014
Century of Udderly Nourishing Dairy Celebrated With
Incredible Milking Cow, 1940s Soda Fountain, Free Ice Cream Samples
ST. PAUL, MN, June 5, 2014 – Move over Oscar Mayer Weinermobile, step aside Hershey’s Kissmobile -- the Kemps 100th Anniversary Mobile “Moooseum” is rolling across Minnesota and Wisconsin!
Created to celebrate St. Paul-based Kemps’ 100th Anniversary year, the new Kemps Moooseum – built inside a 53-foot-long semi-trailer filled with Kemps memorabilia and surprises – invites visitors to step back in time and see a 1940s-era, fully-functional stainless-steel soda shop fountain helmed by a costumed “soda jerk.” Other features of the Kemps Moooseum:
• An interactive Incredible Milking Cow station where families can milk the rubber udders of a simulated Kemps cow, as it “mooos” contentedly.
• Free samples of Kemps’ newest ice cream flavors.
• Four interactive “Guess The Ice Cream Flavor” games and iPad-based Cow Art Gallery that enables you to digitally transform cows into disco-dancing divas.
• The opportunity to take your family’s picture next to the Kemps Cow Car, a bright red Volkswagon bug with a custom-fabricated, 100-pound, 3-foot-tall Kemps cow erupting from its back window.
• Flat-panel multi-media TV wall playing scenes from Kemps history.
• A “From Farm To Freezer” Wall, which takes consumers behind-the-scenes to reveal how ice cream is made at Kemps’ Rochester plant.
• A life size ice cream freezer door that surprises guests by spraying compressed cold air toward them when opened.
“Think of the Kemps Mobile Moooseum as a family-friendly blend of fun hands-on activities, colorful displays and a walk through ice cream history, all celebrating 100 years of delicious dairy goodness at Kemps,” says Rachel Kyllo, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Kemps. “Our Moooseum chronicles the growth of Kemps from a small creamery in southeastern Minnesota back in 1914 to the Kemps of today, which is now part of Dairy Farmers of America, the largest farmer-owned dairy cooperative in the US, with more than 9,000 dairy farmers.”
“The Moooseum honors the dairy history of Minnesota and Wisconsin, the 1,126 employees of Kemps who are dedicated to nourishing our communities, and anyone who loves the wholesome taste of ice cream, sour cream, yogurt, cottage cheese and milk,” adds Kyllo. “Plus, the Moooseum is going to be just a heck of a lot of fun to explore!”
The Kemps Moooseum will be making stops at major supermarkets and fairs, along with appearances at the Saint Paul Saints stadium, festivals including Taste of Minnesota and the Minnesota State Fair, Grandma’s Marathon in Duluth and other events across Wisconsin and Minnesota. To find out when the Kemps Mobile Moooseum is coming to your neighborhood, visit the KempsCows Facebook page at www.facebook.com/kempscows