U.S. Olympic Hopeful and Wisconsin Native Partners with Milk Life and Kemps
Wed, June 29, 2016 | Press Releases
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
U.S. Olympic Hopeful and Wisconsin Native Partners with Milk Life and Kemps
Milk’s Power Their Dreams Contest
Celebrates Athletes and Their Families
ST. PAUL, MINN. (June 30, 2016) – With the nation watching as Team USA competes in Rio this August, Milk’s Power Their Dreams campaign, brought to you by Kemps, is bringing the excitement home to Wisconsin by recognizing all of the hard work and family support that goes into developing local athletes.
When Kemps, the farmer-owned, local Midwest dairy company, heard of Wisconsin gymnast Marvin Kimble’s story and experience in training with Team USA, they jumped at the opportunity to work with him. “Partnering with Marvin for the Power Their Dreams campaign was a perfect fit,” says Rachel Kyllo, Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing for Kemps. “His story of growing up with a single mom who drove him to and from practice after school to get him to where he is at today is exactly what the contest is about. It’s truly inspiring to watch Marvin perform and know that his ‘Team Marvo’ support system is cheering him on from Wisconsin whenever he’s competing.”
A Milwaukee-native, Marvin’s mom saw his natural athletic ability come to life as a young kid, recalling that he could do a back-flip off of any surface – benches, fences or tables. Because he started gymnastics training by age 8, Marvin has always been well aware of the importance of nutrition and keeping his body strong and safe.
“I always have a glass of milk with breakfast since it’s such a great source of protein and nutrients,” said Marvin at a recent Kemps video shoot in Colorado Springs. “When Kemps approached me about the campaign I was so honored that my first sponsorship would be with the company that produced the milk I drank every day growing up.”
Power Their Dreams Contest
The Power Their Dreams contest is about celebrating the dreams of U.S. Olympic Hopefuls, local athletes, and the support systems around them. Parents and athletes across Wisconsin are encouraged to visit http://www.facebook.com/kempscows between Wednesday, June 29 and Sunday, August 7 to nominate someone whose inspiring story of family support and perseverance could win them a trip to the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. The all expenses paid trip for a family of four includes an exclusive, behind-the-scenes look where U.S. Olympians come to train.
To enter, parents or family members will be asked to tell their story of the dedication and support they provided to their athlete – whether it is waking up at 5 AM to make sure their athlete gets to practice on time, or providing emotional support to keep them going through injuries and setbacks. Kemps will select one deserving Wisconsin athlete and their family to get a once in a lifetime experience.
For a closer look at the partnership between Kemps and Marvin visit www.facebook.com/kempscows, and for background on Marvin’s family and his journey to the Olympics check out the Power Their Dreams video here.
36 USC 220506
Founded in 1914, Kemps LLC, based in St. Paul, Minnesota, markets milk, ice cream and related dairy products under the Kemps brand. The company is owned by dairy farmers and 100% of its proceeds go back to these farm families. Kemps operates six manufacturing facilities located in Minneapolis, Rochester, and Farmington, Minnesota; Fargo, North Dakota; and Cedarburg, Wisconsin and employs 1,200 in Minnesota and Wisconsin. Kemps is well known in the industry for introducing innovative new products and has received frequent recognition for successful first-to-market product launches such as Kemps IttiBitz. http://www.kemps.com
MILK”S “POWER THEIR DREAMS” CONTEST
BROUGHT TO YOU BY KEMPS LLC
36 USC 220506
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS WHO MEET THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Contest Description: Kemps LLC (Sponsor) will award TWO (2) Grand Prizes (One (1) Grand Prize winner from MN & One (1) Grand Prize Winner from WI) to the Contestants whose submissions are selected by the Judges as the best entries. Please see Judging Criteria below for further information regarding the selection process.
2. Contest Term: The Kemps Power Their Dreams Contest (the Contest) begins on June 3, 2016 at 12:00:01 am CST and ends on August 7, 2016 at 11:59:50 pm CST (the Contest Term). All entries must be received during the Contest Term. Sponsor’s computer timeclock is the timekeeper for all Contest purposes, and entries are only valid upon receipt by Sponsor’s computer system.
3. Eligibility: No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or win this Contest. This Contest is only open to legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older at the time of the contest entry and who reside in the following states: Minnesota & Wisconsin. Contestants may not be employees of the Sponsor, or of its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, partners, advertising or promotion agencies or prize donors, nor may they be members of the immediate families of any of the foregoing, or persons living in their households. Entries are limited to individuals only: commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible. THE CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITIED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW and is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
4. Sponsor: Kemps LLC, 1270 Energy Lane, St. Paul, MN 55108 is the Sponsor of this Contest.
6. Submissions: Each submission should: (i) include story of how your family is providing a strong support network for Powering The Dreams of the athlete in your family; (ii) be suitable for all ages; (iii) be original and owned by Contestant; (iv) not contain any third party content, including but not limited to any copyrighted material, third party trademarks, and/or names or likeness of any third parties; and (v) not include any obscene, lewd or offensive content. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify or refuse to post any entry at any time. Once the entry is submitted, Contestant may not update, revise or rescind the entry. Any entry that is modified after being received may be disqualified. By submitting your submission, you accept all Contest rules and agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor and Judges. All entries, including all submissions, and all legal rights and interests in them, including the rights of copyright, become the exclusive property of Sponsor, who reserves the right to edit, adapt, copyright, publish, transfer and use any or all of them in all media worldwide, including the Internet, without compensation to you or any third party and will not be acknowledged or returned, or any portion thereof. Each entrant agrees to take any actions (including execution of documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or evidence the foregoing assignment.
7. Judging: Selection of Winners: Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of judges representing Sponsor (the “Judges”) on or about August 9, 2016. The Judges will determine the Two (2) Grand Prize Winners based on the following criteria: Contribution of family in aiding athlete (50%); Athlete’s efforts in pursuing their athletic dreams (30%); Creativity and quality of submission (10%); Compatibility with Sponsor’s brand message (10%). The selection of the Grand Prize Winners’ submissions shall be made in the Judges’ sole and absolute discretion. All decisions of the Judges shall be final, and the Judges will not disclose scores for individual submissions.
8. Prizes and Restrictions: TWO (2) Grand Prize Winners (the “Winners,” one (1) from MN & one (1) from WI) will each receive a Three (3) day, Two (2) night Trip for Four (4) to visit the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, CO. Any minor(s) traveling as Winner’s guest must travel with his/her parent or legal guardian, who must be included as one of the Winner’s three guests. The trip includes four round-trip airline tickets from Minneapolis/St. Paul to Colorado Springs, CO, two nights lodging (one standard room with two double beds), ground transportation while in Colorado Springs and access to the U.S. Olympic Training Center. The approximate retail value (ARV) of the prize package is $4,020. Total Contest (ARV) is $8,040. Each Winner and three guests must travel on the same itinerary. Flights, transportation, accommodations and exact dates of visit to the U.S. Olympic Training Center in November, 2016 will be determined by the U.S. Olympic Training Center & Sponsor. Actual value may vary based on timing of the trip. Taxes, if any, are the Winner’s responsibility. All other expenses including travel to and from the Minneapolis airport, parking, meals, drinks, gratuities, incidentals, insurance of any type, etc. not specified herein are the responsibility of the Winners and Winners’ guest(s). Winner must take the arrangements made; they cannot be altered, and failure of Winner or Winner’s travel guest(s) to follow such schedule shall not obligate Sponsor in any manner to make alternate arrangements. No substitution or transfer of prize is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value, if the advertised prize becomes unavailable. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor (and its designees) without any further compensation, consideration, notice, review or consent, to unconditionally and irrevocably use, exhibit and publish, in any medium now known or hereinafter known at any time, throughout the world in perpetuity, the following information and materials regarding each Winner and Winner’s guests: (a) name, city and state of residence, age, image, likeness, voice, biographical information and any statements for advertising, publicity, trade and public relations purposes, to the extent permitted by law; and (b) any film, tape recording or other reproduction of the appearance or voice of such people upon the awarding or enjoyment of the prize. Prize recipients and guests shall have no claim (including without limitation, claims based upon invasion of privacy, defamation or right of publicity) arising out of any such use or any blurring, distortion, alteration optical illusion or use in composite form, whether or not intentional.
Each Winner will be notified using the contact information provided in his/her entry. If a Winner is unable to be contacted using the information provided, for any reason, the Winner will be disqualified and the entry with the next best rating (determined by the Judges) will be selected as an alternate Winner. If for any reason any Winner is ineligible or does not accept the Grand Prize as described above, no cash or other compensation will be paid, and the entry with the next best rating (determined by the Judges) will be selected as an alternate Winner. Additionally, if the Winner is unable to comply with these rules and regulations, the entry with the next best rating (determined by the Judges) will be selected as an alternate Winner. Sponsor is not responsible for Winner limitations that prevent acceptance or use of any prize. Each Contestant preliminarily chosen as a Winner or alternate Winner, if applicable, (each, a “Potential Winner”) may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, and Publicity Release within ten (10) business days of receipt of such Affidavit and Release, and must possess age-defining documentation (i.e., photo identification) prior to the prize release. Failure to execute and return the required documents within ten (10) days of receipt may subject a Potential Winner to disqualification and, in such case, the entry with the next best rating (determined by the Judges) will be selected as an alternate Winner. Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a Potential Winner. No Grand Prize is transferable or assignable to another party.
9. Taxes: Winner is solely responsible for all applicable taxes associated with receipt of the Grand Prize.
10. General: By entering this Contest, each Contestant warrants that: (a) the Contestant has read, understood, and followed the Kemps Power Their Dreams Contest Rules; (b) the Contestant agrees to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and the Judges; (c) the Contestant is eligible under these Contest Rules; (d) the submission is original and owned by Contestant. All Potential Winners and their entries may be subject to verification and investigation before being awarded any prizes. In the event not enough qualified entries are received, Sponsor is not responsible to award more prizes than entries received. This Contest shall be governed by Minnesota law. By participating in this Contest, Contestants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and Minnesota courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Contest and that venue shall be only in Minneapolis, Minnesota; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event shall there be a claim or award of attorneys’ fees or costs; and (c) under no circumstances will Contestants be permitted to obtain, and Contestant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO EACH CONTESTANT AND/OR WINNER.
11. Limitation of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information associated with or utilized in the Contest or for any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of entries in the Contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any incomplete, misdirected, late or lost entries, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, garbled or corrupted data transmitted, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries or entry data. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
Contestants agree that Sponsor, Judges, Facebook, the United States Olympic Committee, prize suppliers, participating retailers, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective parent and affiliate companies, suppliers, printers, distributors, and the respective officers, managers, members, directors, employees, representatives and agents of each and any other person or entity related in any way to this Contest (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless and indemnified by Contestants against, any and all liability, including but not limited to any death, injury, loss or damage of any kind, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the Grand Prize, participation in this Contest, or while traveling to, preparing for or participating in any prize-related activity. The Contest Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property in connection with the delivery and/or subsequent use of the prize, or any portion thereof, awarded.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of any of the Contest; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person in Sponsor’s sole discretion. CAUTION: ANY DELIBERATE ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Facebook Role: This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook. Entrants are providing their personal information to Sponsor, and not to Facebook.
13. Winners List: For a list of winners, send a written request together with a self-addressed,stamped envelope to Kemps Power Their Dreams Contest c/o Kemps LLC, 1270 Energy Lane, St. Paul, MN 55108. Requests must be received by December 31, 2016. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
14. Change or Cancellation: Sponsor reserves the right to change the rules or cancel this offer at any time without further obligation or liability.
15. Copyright © Kemps LLC. All rights reserved. The Kemps logo is a registered trademark of Kemps LLC.