Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken in Creamy Tomato Sauce
- 3 shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup Kemps Country Creamer
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, saute shallots in olive oil for 3-5 minutes. Add chicken and cook until done, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and place on cutting board; dice and set aside.
- Add chopped tomatoes to the skillet and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce, oregano, and basil and allow to simmer 10 minutes more. Add Country Creamer and reduce to thick consistency, cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Begin cooking pasta according to package directions. Just before the pasta is done, add chicken to the tomato cream sauce.
- Drain cooked pasta. Place in skillet and toss with chicken tomato cream sauce mixture. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Analysis (without salt): 430 calories, 14g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 65g cholesterol, 590mg sodium, 46g total carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 32g protein, 46mg calcium
How Did This Recipe Work Out for You?
Please return to http://www.kemps.com/recipes/angel-hair-pasta-with-chicken-in-creamy-tomato-sauce/ to rate and review this recipe. Your comments and suggestions are appreciated by others.