- 2/3 cup sugar
- 5 egg whites, room temperature
- 1 layer sponge cake
- 1 square of Kemps ice cream (any flavor), very firmly frozen
- Beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add the sugar to egg whites and beat until meringue forms stiff peaks.
- Cut sponge cake 1 inch larger than the square of ice cream.
- Spread meringue over the Kemps ice cream and the cake, taking care to seal completely so no ice cream is exposed.
- Bake at 400 until meringue is light brown.
How Did This Recipe Work Out for You?
Please return to http://www.kemps.com/recipes/baked-alaska/ to rate and review this recipe. Your comments and suggestions are appreciated by others.