Egg Nog Custard Sauce
- 2 cups Kemps Golden Egg Nog
- 1 cup Kemps Milk
- 1 Tbsp sugar pinch salt
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp dark rum (optional)
- Heat all ingredients (except rum) in a double boiler
- Cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until the mixture thickens and lightly coats the back of the spoon,
- Stir in the rum.
- To cool, place pan in ice water and whisk until cool.
Makes 2 1/2 cups
This versatile custard can be used warm or cold over your favorite holiday dessert or made into ice cream by chilling the mixture 1 to 2 hours then freezing it in an ice-cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions.
Nutritional analysis: 1104 calories; 33 grams protein; 60 grams fat; 30 grams saturated fat; 113 grams carbohydrates; 820.7 milligrams sodium; 962.5 milligrams calcium; 0 grams fiber
How Did This Recipe Work Out for You?
Please return to http://www.kemps.com/recipes/egg-nog-custard-sauce/ to rate and review this recipe. Your comments and suggestions are appreciated by others.