Egg Nog Flan
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups Kemps Golden EggNog
- 1 tsp rum (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Put the sugar and water in a small heavy pan. Bring to a boil over high heat swirling the liquid in the pan. When it starts to turn light brown, pour into a 2 cup souffle dish or custard mold. Tilt the mold back and forth to coat all sides evenly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the tablespoon of sugar, eggs, egg yolks, nutmeg, and salt until well blended.
- Heat the EggNog until steaming and gradually whisk into the egg mixture. Stir in the rum and pour into the caramel-lined dish.
- Set the dish in a larger pan, surrounded with 1-inch of boiling water. Bake 1 hour until firmly set in the center. Remove from oven and let rest in water until lukewarm. Refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving.
Per serving: 324 calories; 6.8 grams protein; 11.4 grams fat; 5.2 grams saturated fat; 50.4 grams carbohydrates; 164.2 milligrams sodium; 139.6 milligrams calcium; 0 grams fiber
How Did This Recipe Work Out for You?
Please return to http://www.kemps.com/recipes/egg-nog-flan/ to rate and review this recipe. Your comments and suggestions are appreciated by others.