Egg Nog Fritters
- 1 quart Kemps Golden EggNog
- 1 cup Cream of Wheat
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 beaten egg plus
- 2 Tbsp cold Kemps Milk
- Flour for coating
- Dried breadcrumbs for coating
- Pour the EggNog into a medium saucepan and whisk in the Cream of Wheat until well combined. Place over medium-high heat stirring constantly until mixture thickens and is the consistency of porridge, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Spread the mixture into an 8x12-inch buttered baking dish and cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the mixture and chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- When cold, cut into 20 squares, remove from pan. First dredge each square in the flour, then dip in the beaten egg mixture, and evenly coat with the breadcrumbs. Fry in vegetable oil until golden brown. Serve with your favorite fruit preserve.
Makes 20 (1/2 inch) Fritters
Per serving (1 fritter): 70.3 calories; 2 grams protein; 2.2 grams fat; 1.1 grams saturated fat; 10.5 grams carbohydrates; 30.1 milligrams sodium; 43.8 milligrams calcium; 0.3 grams fiber
How Did This Recipe Work Out for You?
Please return to http://www.kemps.com/recipes/egg-nog-fritters/ to rate and review this recipe. Your comments and suggestions are appreciated by others.