Egg Nog Rice Pudding
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 quart Kemps Golden EggNog
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Combine the rice, salt and water in a large, heavy saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium high heat. Cover and reduce heat to low, and simmer until the water has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Add the Egg Nog and nutmeg and cook over medium heat, stirring continuously, for about 30 minutes. The rice is done when it becomes thick.
- Do not overcook the pudding or it will be gummy.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cranberries.
Can be served warm or cold topped with Kemps Whipping Cream.
Per serving: 304 calories; 6 grams protein; 10.6 grams fat; 5.7 grams saturated fat; 48 grams carbohydrates; 198.5 milligrams sodium; 178.5 milligrams calcium; 1 gram fiber
How Did This Recipe Work Out for You?
Please return to http://www.kemps.com/recipes/egg-nog-rice-pudding/ to rate and review this recipe. Your comments and suggestions are appreciated by others.