Loaded Potato Soup
Creamy goodness created with your favorite Kemps products.
- 4 (6-ounce) red potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/3 cup celery (diced)
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 1% Kemps low-fat milk, divided
- 1/4 cup Kemps sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 bacon slices, halved
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 teaspoons thinly sliced green onions
- Pierce potatoes with a fork. Microwave 13 minutes or until tender. Cut in half and cool slightly.
- While potatoes cook, heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery and sauté 3 minutes.
- Add broth. Combine flour and 1/2 cup milk. Add to pan with 1 1/2 cups milk. Bring to a boil; stir often. Cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange bacon on a paper towel on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with a paper towel; microwave 4 minutes. Crumble cooked bacon.
- Remove potato from skin. Discard potato skins. Coarsely mash potatoes into soup. Garnish with cheese, green onions and bacon.
How Did This Recipe Work Out for You?
Please return to http://www.kemps.com/recipes/loaded-potato-soup/ to rate and review this recipe. Your comments and suggestions are appreciated by others.