Rotini Pasta with Spinach Cottage Cheese and Feta
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 5 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 5 ounces spinach, chopped, frozen, thawed and drained well
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 ounce balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dry oregano leaves
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced fine
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups Kemps Cottage Cheese
- Salt & pepper, to taste
To serve cold:
- Cook the pasta until al dente (crisp to the bite). Drain and cool the pasta with water. Place in a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients, reserving half the feta cheese for garnish. Mix well. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Garnish with remaining feta cheese.
To serve hot:
- Drain cooked pasta, but do not cool. Add the oil to a large saute pan and heat. When it is hot, add the spinach and tomatoes, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the pasta and remaining ingredients. Mix well and serve in a pasta dish with some great, crusty bread.
Per serving: 284.5 calories; 11 grams protein; 8.2 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 43.4 grams carbohydrates; 641.0 milligrams sodium; 109.8 milligrams calcium; 6.2 grams fiber
How Did This Recipe Work Out for You?
Please return to http://www.kemps.com/recipes/rotini-pasta-with-spinach-cottage-cheese-and-feta/ to rate and review this recipe. Your comments and suggestions are appreciated by others.