Simple Lemon Pound Cake with Raspberry Sauce
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 4 egg whites, beaten
- 1 package frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Whipping or Heavy Cream, whipped with confectioner s sugar (click here for recipe)
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Cream the butter and add the flour mixture gradually. Mix thoroughly.
- Beat the egg yolks until light; beat in the sugar gradually and add in the lemon juice.
- Combine with the butter-flour mixture and beat thoroughly. Fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Pour into well-greased loaf pan; bake at 325 degrees F for 40 to 50 minutes.
- While cake is baking, combine berries, sugar and water in saucepan. Heat to a boil. Let boil 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Reduce to simmer. Stir until desired consistency. Pour over or around cooled cake. Top each slice of cake with fresh whipped cream.
How Did This Recipe Work Out for You?
Please return to http://www.kemps.com/recipes/simple-lemon-pound-cake-with-raspberry-sauce/ to rate and review this recipe. Your comments and suggestions are appreciated by others.