Sour Cream Potato Soup
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup leeks, chopped
- 2 1/2 cup Russet potatoes,1/2-inch cubes
- 3 cup water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Kemps Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Kemps 1% Lowfat Milk
- 1 Tbsp ccallions, sliced thin
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat melt the butter.
- Add the garlic, onions, celery, and leeks. Saute for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not brown.
- When vegetables are slightly softened and translucent, add the potatoes, water, and bouillon. Simmer until the potatoes are soft.
- Remove from the heat and puree the soup using an immersion blender, a countertop blender, or food processor.
- Return to the pan, but do not heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the sour cream and milk into a small mixing bowl, and temper this mixture into the soup by stirring a small amount of hot soup at a time into the cream mixture until it becomes warm. Then stir it back into the hot soup. Do not return to the heat.
- Warm soup when ready to serve, garnish with sliced scallions and a dollop of sour cream.
Serving Suggestion: Can be served hot or cold for lunch or as an appetizer.
Per Serving: 260 Calories; 12g Fat; 7g Protein; 33g Carbohydrate; 25mg Cholesterol; 102mg Calcium; 6g Saturated Fat; 300mg Sodium
How Did This Recipe Work Out for You?
Please return to http://www.kemps.com/recipes/sour-cream-potato-soup/ to rate and review this recipe. Your comments and suggestions are appreciated by others.