Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
- 6 Tbsp Kemps Sour Cream
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, large
- 3 cup All purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- In an electric mixer on high speed, cream together the 6 tablespoons Kemps Sour Cream, butter, sugar, and salt. Turn the mixer off.
- Scrape down the bowl, and return the mixer to high speed.
- Add the vanilla and the egg and combine thoroughly. Scrape down the bowl again.
- Sift the flour and baking soda together into a separate bowl. Turn the mixer to low speed and gradually add the flour mixture until just combined.
- Wrap dough in wax paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Using a one-ounce ice cream scoop, place the dough balls onto an un-greased cookie sheets, spacing them approximately two inches apart.
- Place the cookie sheets into the center of the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.
- Immediately place the cookies on a cooling rack. Allow them to cool completely before storing.
Makes 40 cookies
Serving Suggestion: For additional flavor, replace vanilla extract with almond or mint, add citrus zest to the dough. Sugar the tops of the cookies before baking for extra crunch.
Per Serving (one cookie): 108 Calories; 6g Fat; 2g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 70mg Cholesterol; 16mg Calcium; 34g Saturated Fat; 69mg Sodium
How Did This Recipe Work Out for You?
Please return to http://www.kemps.com/recipes/sour-cream-sugar-cookies/ to rate and review this recipe. Your comments and suggestions are appreciated by others.