Sugar Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Triple goodness-cookies, candy and ice cream!
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup hot fudge topping
- decorative holiday sprinkles or crushed candy pieces (optional)
- ½ gallon Kemps Candycane Ice Cream, softened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Flatted rolled dough into 2'' circles.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks. Cool completely.
- Spread 1 teaspoon fudge topping on bottom of each cookie.
- Using ice cream scoop, mold softened ice cream into a ball about the size of the cookies. Place scoop of ice cream between two cookies and gently press together.
- Run the back of a spoon around the edge of the ice cream sandwich to create a smooth edge. Working quickly, fill all the cookies and roll ice cream edge in holiday sprinkles or candy pieces.
- Lay out on baking sheet and place in freezer to harden.
- Serve when ice cream has frozen solid.
Try with any of your favorite Kemps Ice Cream varieties.
How Did This Recipe Work Out for You?
Please return to http://www.kemps.com/recipes/sugar-cookie-ice-cream-sandwiches/ to rate and review this recipe. Your comments and suggestions are appreciated by others.