Baked Filet of Sole with a Wasabi Sour Cream Sauce
- 1 Tbsp wasabi powder
- 1 tsp water
- 1 Tbsp peanut oil (or canola)
- 2 Tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Kemps Milk
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Kemps Sour Cream
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup white wine
- Tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 16 - 3oz filets, skinless, of sole
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a small bowl using a whisk, mix wasabi powder with water. Mix well.
- In a preheated saucepan over medium heat add the peanut oil. When oil is hot, saut the ginger and garlic until tender.
- Add the milk and light soy sauce to this mixture and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and stir in wasabi-water mixture and sour cream.
- Remove from heat and add sesame oil.
- Place sole in a baking pan and pour in the white wine and lemon juice. To properly poach the filets, liquid should come half way up the side of the filets.
- Poach in oven for 6-8 minutes until fish is just starting to flake and become firm.
- Remove filets from the poaching liquid and top with wasabi sour cream sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Serving Suggestion: Asian noodles and stir-fried vegetables.
Per Serving: 161 Calories; 3g Fat; 27g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; 69mg Cholesterol; 380g Calcium; 1g Saturated Fat; 118mg Sodium
Submitted on November 11, 2011 at 8:10 am
Submitted on November 11, 2011 at 1:44 am
Submitted on November 11, 2011 at 11:39 pm
What an amazing recipe!
Submitted on November 11, 2011 at 3:59 pm