Baked Schrod with a Cottage Cheese Crispy Crumb Topping
- 8, 6 oz. schrod filets, cut thin
- 1 cup Kemps Cottage Cheese
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 2 2/3 cup potato chips, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp chives, chopped
- 3 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place all of the ingredients for the topping in a bowl and mix well. Reserve in the refrigerator.
- Cut the filet of schrod almost in half horizontally leaving one side uncut.
- Unfold the filet and place 1/4 cup of the topping in the slit.
- Place fish on a baking sheet, and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Bring to a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with Vegetable and grain, such as peas, carrots, and roasted potatoes or rice.
Per Serving: 378 Calories; 15g Fat; 37g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 108mg Cholesterol; 98mg Calcium; 8g Saturated Fat; 493mg Sodium