Baked Stuffed Shrimp
- 8 Shrimp, 12-15 count
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup carrot, diced
- 1/4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup Ritz Crackers, finely ground
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Kemps Cottage Cheese
- Peel the shrimp and butterfly them from the underside, keeping the back intact. Devein and wash the shrimp and refrigerate until needed.
- Melt the butter in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the carrots, peppers, onions, and garlic to the pan and stir occasionally for approximately 5 minutes or until the vegetables become slightly softened and translucent.
- Add the lemon juice and white wine and continue to cook until the liquid has reduced by half. Remove from heat.
- Add the Worcestershire, cracker crumbs, breadcrumbs, parsley, and cottage cheese to the mixture and gently mix together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Tightly pack the stuffing mixture into 1/4 cup portions and press it onto the back of the butterflied shrimp.
- Prepare a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Place the shrimp in the baking dish and bake 15-20 or until the shrimp become opaque and the stuffing golden brown.
Serving Suggestion: Serve from the oven in the baking dish with melted butter and wedges of fresh lemon.
Per Serving: 296 Calories; 11g Fat; 29g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 184mg Cholesterol; 122mg Calcium; 4g Saturated Fat; 567mg Sodium