- 8 ounces ziti, uncooked
- 1/2 pound extra lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups Kemps Cottage Cheese
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 2-quart or 2-liter baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook ziti according to package directions. Drain, and rinse with cool water. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, crumble meat in a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Add onions. Saut until meat is cooked. Add spaghetti sauce.
- In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley, and garlic powder. Mix thoroughly. Add cooked ziti and mix well.
- Spread about 1/3 of the meat, onion, and spaghetti sauce mixture in the bottom of the prepared pan. Spoon ziti and cheese mixture into the pan.
- Pour the remaining spaghetti sauce mixture into the pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes.
Per serving: 595 calories; 34 grams protein; 20.5 grams fat; 7.75 grams saturated fat; 68.75 grams carbohydrates; 1293.1 milligrams sodium; 163 milligrams calcium; 10.25 grams fiber
Be the first to review this recipe.