Black Cherry and Strawberry Scones
Fresh baked moist, fluffy scones.
- 1 container Kemps Black Cherry Yogurt (5.7 oz.)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour plus extra for dusting work surface
- ¼ c sugar plus 2 T for sprinkling
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 4 Tbsp. cold unsalted butter cut into ¼-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/8 cup shaved almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a large bowl whisk together flour, ¼ cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add butter and using a pastry cutter or your fingers, cut butter into flour mixture.
- Stir in chopped strawberries, yogurt and optional almonds. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Flour a work surface and turn dough onto it. Fold and knead dough 3-5 times.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2 inch thick circle. Cut circle into 8 wedges.
- Arrange wedges on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle scones with sugar.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until scones are golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve.
Next time, try pairing different fruits with other Kemps yogurt varieties.
Be the first to review this recipe.