Bruschetta of Cottage Cheese and Olive Tomato Caponata
- French bread, baguette,
- 8 slices cut on bias (2 oz. total)
- 1 Tbsp Calamata olives, pitted roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato, seeded and diced
- 3 Tbsp onion, diced
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic, diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped fine
- 1/2 Tbsp bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup Kemps Cottage Cheese
- Lightly toast slices of baguette in a 425F oven for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Lightly toss remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Top each piece of toast with about 1 tablespoon of the tomato mixture.
Serving Suggestion: Makes a great appetizer when served with a tossed salad and finished with cracked black pepper. (Caponata: A Sicilian dish that is generally served as a salad, side dish or relish.)
Per Serving: 55 Calories; 4 g Fat; 3g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 3mg Cholesterol; 15mg Calcium; 0g Saturated Fat; 0mg Sodium