Chicken and Cheese Burritos
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup corn (thaw if frozen, drained if canned)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced 2 Tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow or green bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 8 ounces Kemps Cottage Cheese
- 1 cup picante sauce, taco sauce, or salsa
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Slice chicken into 1-inch wide strips. Saut in oil. Reserve.
- In a bowl, blend corn, scallions, red onion and peppers with cottage cheese and half the cilantro.
- Evenly distribute the chicken and cottage cheese-vegetable mixture in center of each tortilla, and roll up.
- Place each tortilla in an 11" x 7" x 1.5" inch baking dish, seam side down. Top with picante sauce, taco sauce, or salsa.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
- Garnish with remaining cilantro.
Serving Suggestion: Top with Kemps Sour Cream , and serve with rice and black beans.
Per serving: 501 calories; 53.5 grams protein; 13.5 grams fat; 3.75 grams saturated fat; 40.25 grams carbohydrates; 800.9 milligrams sodium; 140.2 milligrams calcium; 4.5 grams fiber
Submitted on November 11, 2011 at 5:06 pm