Sour Cream Chicken Quesadilla
- 1/2 cup Kemps Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 tsp taco seasoning
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked
- 1/2 cup Jack cheese
- Your favorite salsa
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Mix sour cream with 1 tsp taco seasoning and set aside for assembly of the quesadillas.
- Lay 2 flour tortillas on a flat working area. Spread a thin layer of sour cream mixture over both.
- Cover sour cream mixture evenly with the shredded lettuce.
- Slice the cooked chicken breast on the diagonal and layout evenly over the lettuce from end to end on the tortillas.
- Top with dollops of sour cream mixture and spread thinly and evenly over the chicken.
- Top with jack cheese.
- Cover with the remaining 2 tortillas and press down lightly on the top.
- Brown both sides of each quesadilla over medium heat in a skillet lightly coated with a non-stick cooking spray. Turn carefully using a big spatula.
- Place quesadillas in a 300F oven to finish warming the filling, approximately 10 minutes. Slice each quesadilla into 4-6 pieces and serve warm with your favorite salsa and sour cream on the side.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with a side of guacamole, diced jalepenos or olives. Cut each quesadilla into 8 slices to serve as an appetizer. (Quesadilla: A flour tortilla filled with a savory mixture.)
Per Serving: 218 Calories; 7 g Fat; 18g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 39mg Cholesterol; 78mg Calcium; 2g Saturated Fat; 199mg Sodium
Be the first to review this recipe.