Chocolate Cake with Orange Ginger Sauce
- 1 box Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup Kemps Low Fat Sour Cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup Kemps Low Fat Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Kemps Orange Juice
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp chopped crystallized ginger (or substitute 1/4 tsp of dried ginger)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Coat Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, sour cream, eggs, water and oil and beat on low speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for approximately 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Do not overbake.
- Cool 20 minutes and remove from pan. Dust with powdered sugar. To serve, mix together the sauce ingredients. Pour sauce onto plate and top with a wedge of cake.
Serving Suggestion: Orange ginger sauce is an excellent dressing for fruit, which may be served along with this cake.
Per serving: 200 calories; 3g protein; 8g fat; 2g saturated fat; 38mg cholesterol; 265mg sodium; 67mg calcium.