Chocolate Candycane Ice Cream Dessert
A festive spin on an ice cream dessert.
• 3/4 cup butter
• 1 package (16 ounces) chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies, crushed
• 8 cups Kemps Candycane Ice Cream, softened
• 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
• 1 cup powdered sugar
• 3/4 cup Kemps Half and Half
• 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
• Chocolate syrup and red and green sprinkles
1. In microwave, melt 1/2 cup butter. Stir in cookie crumbs. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
2. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm. Spread ice cream over crust; return to the freezer until firm.
3. In a large saucepan, combine chocolate chips, powdered sugar, evaporated milk and remaining butter. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
4. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature. When cool, spread over ice cream; return to freezer until firm.
5. Spread whipped topping over ice cream (dish will be full). Cover and freeze until firm or overnight.
6. Remove from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and top with sprinkles.
Suggestions: Substitute other Kemps ice cream varieties like Mint Chocolate Chip or Peppermint Bon-Bon!
Be the first to review this recipe.