Chocolate Lava a la Mode
Individual sized chocolate cakes filled with smooth melted chocolate and paired with a scoop of Kemps Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. Perfect for sharing with your sweetie.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 2 oz. semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 scoops Kemps Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- diced fresh berries (optional)
- chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray 2 custard cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the butter and both types of chocolate in a medium bowl. Microwave until all is melted.
- Add powdered sugar until well combined.
- Whisk in the eggs and egg yolks.
- Add the vanilla extract then stir in the flour.
- Divide the batter between the two custard cups.
- Place custard cups on a baking sheet and bake for 10-13 minutes. The sides will be firm but the centers soft.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 1 minute. Pop out unsidedown onto individual serving plates.
- Top cake with a dusting of powdered sugar and optional fresh berries and nuts.
- Serve warm with a scoop of Kemps Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.
Makes 2 individual cakes.
Be the first to review this recipe.