Cottage Cheese Omelet with Caramelized Vegetables
Makes 1 Serving
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 3 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup scallion, shaved fine, divided
- 1/4 cup Kemps Cottage Cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a small non-stick omelet pan over medium-high heat. Coat lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add peppers, onion, mushrooms, and 1/2 the scallions to the pan and saut until translucent.
- Using a heat-resistant rubber spatula, add the eggs, and gently stir to form an omelet. Reduce the heat, allowing the egg to cook through.
- Fill omelet with half of the cottage cheese, allowing it to warm through. Fold omelet.
- Place on a serving plate and garnish with remaining cottage cheese and sliced scallions.
Serving suggestion: Serve for breakfast or brunch with fresh fruit, roasted potatoes, and Canadian bacon.
Per Serving: 243 Calories; 12 g Fat; 22g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 427mg Cholesterol; 132mg Calcium; 4g Saturated Fat; 365mg Sodium
Be the first to review this recipe.