Creamy Fettuccine with Mushrooms
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp margarine
- 2 cups Kemps Cottage Cheese
- 1 pound fettuccine noodles
- 1 cup Kemps Half and Half
- 2 Tbsp margarine, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 Tbsp snipped fresh chives
- Cook fettuccine noodles according to directions on package.
- Place cottage cheese in a food processor (or blender). Process on high speed until smooth, about one minute.
- In a large nonstick skillet saut mushrooms and garlic over medium heat in 1 tablespoon margarine, being careful not to burn the garlic. When done, remove from pan and reserve.
- Warm in same nonstick skillet the half and half and 2 tablespoons margarine, stirring constantly.
- Stir in cottage cheese. Mix thoroughly.
- Toss mushrooms and the cooked, drained, hot fettuccini with the cheese mixture and Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle fresh chives over the top.
Per serving: 462 calories; 23.5 grams protein; 13.2 grams fat; 5.2 grams saturated fat; 61.5 grams carbohydrates; 511.3 milligrams sodium; 188.7 milligrams calcium; 2.3 grams fiber