Cucumber Onion Salad and Smoked Salmon with a Cottage Cheese Dill Dressing
- 4 slices (4 oz. total) smoked salmon slices
- 1 cup Kemps Cottage Cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 tsp olive oil Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp caraway seed
- 1 cup cucumber (peeled and seeded sliced into half moons)
- 1 cup red onion, julienned
- 1 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 red leaf lettuce leaves
- 8 (2 oz. total) French bread croutons
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- For the dressing, place all dressing ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the condiment by heating the olive oil over medium heat. Add the caraway seed. Remove immediately from heat. Allow this to cool.
- In a mixing bowl place the cucumber and red onion. Toss with the balsamic vinegar and the olive oil/caraway seed mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serving Suggestion: To serve, place salmon on a plate with red leaf lettuce leaves and condiment on the side. Serve dressing over salmon. Garnish with croutons, fresh lemon juice and fresh cracked black pepper.
Per Serving: 144 Calories; 10g Fat; 11g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 8mg Cholesterol; 39mg Calcium; 2g Saturated Fat; 656mg Sodium
Be the first to review this recipe.