Glazed Rice Pilaf with Chive
Sour Cream Blend
- 1/2 cup Kemps Low Fat Sour Cream
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic 1
- Tbsp dried chives
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (low sodium, if desired)
- 1 Tbsp plain bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- pan spray, as needed
- paprika, as needed
- Make the sour cream blend by mixing the sour cream with garlic and chives. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Place the oil in a deep-sided saut pan over medium heat. Add onions, and cook until translucent. Then add the rice and stir well to coat it with the hot oil and onions. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil, then reduce heat so this mixture only simmers slowly.
- Cook the rice until most of the liquid has evaporated, then turn off the heat, and mix constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Once the rice has cooked to a creamy, but nearly dry texture, stir in 1/4 cup of the sour cream blend. Place this into a casserole dish or 10-inch pie plate, and top with remaining sour cream blend, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle lightly with bread crumbs, coating the surface evenly. Top with paprika; spray lightly with pan spray. Place the casserole under a pre-heated broiler or into a toaster oven to brown for about 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 122 calories; 5g protein; 4g fat; 1g saturated fat; 5mg cholesterol; 402mg sodium; 45mg calcium.
Be the first to review this recipe.