Ice Cream Cookie Pie
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 56 oz.Kemps ice cream (any flavor)
- Whipped cream or dessert topping
- 5 chocolate sandwich cookies, broken in half
- Lightly grease a 9 inch pie plate. Place 26 cookies in food processor, using on/off motion, process into fine crumbs. Scrape crumbs into small bowl, add butter and stir with a fork until blended. Press into prepared pie plate. Freeze 15-20 minutes until firm.
- Meanwhile, remove Kemps ice cream from freezer and let stand at room temperature about 10 minutes until slightly softened.
- To assemble, spread half of the Kemps ice cream over bottom of crust. Place 14 cookies on top; spread with remaining quart of ice cream, mounding it slightly in center. Freeze 3 hours until firm.
- Just before serving, garnish top with ring of whipped cream and the cookie halves standing broken side down in cream. Space evenly around ring. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Be the first to review this recipe.