Ice Cream Cookie Pie
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 56 oz.Kemps ice cream (any flavor)
- Whipped cream or dessert topping
- 5 chocolate sandwich cookies, broken in half
- Lightly grease a 9 inch pie plate. Place 26 cookies in food processor, using on/off motion, process into fine crumbs. Scrape crumbs into small bowl, add butter and stir with a fork until blended. Press into prepared pie plate. Freeze 15-20 minutes until firm.
- Meanwhile, remove Kemps ice cream from freezer and let stand at room temperature about 10 minutes until slightly softened.
- To assemble, spread half of the Kemps ice cream over bottom of crust. Place 14 cookies on top; spread with remaining quart of ice cream, mounding it slightly in center. Freeze 3 hours until firm.
- Just before serving, garnish top with ring of whipped cream and the cookie halves standing broken side down in cream. Space evenly around ring. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.