Macaroni and Cheese
Makes 6 Servings
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley, plus pinch for garnish
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups Kemps Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 cup Kemps Milk
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 2 quart or 2 liter baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, and set aside.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions until tender but firm.
- Drain, then rinse with cool water, and set aside.
- Saute onions in butter until just tender.
- In a large bowl, combine macaroni, onion, Cheddar cheese, parsley and black pepper.
- Blend cottage cheese and milk together in a food processor until smooth.
- Pour this over macaroni mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Pour entire mixture into baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle over the top of the macaroni mixture, along with pinch of dried parsley.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until hot in the center. Serve hot.
Be the first to review this recipe.