Mussels Steamed in a Tomato Oregano and Sour Cream Broth
- 2 1/2 cup clam juice, divided
- 2 Tbsp onion, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp white wine
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup diced tomato, canned
- 60 mussels
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 cup Kemps Sour Cream
- Bring half of the clam juice to a simmer in a saucepan with the onion, garlic, white wine, and oregano. Reduce heat and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and diced tomato and simmer one minute longer. Reserve.
- Clean the mussels, using a pairing knife to scrape them free of debris, and rinse them thoroughly.
- Heat butter in a saute pan over medium heat. When fully melted, add the mussels and toss them to coat with butter.
- When the mussels are steaming hot, add the remaining clam juice, cover, and simmer until the mussels open. Remove from heat.
- Strain the excess liquid from the mussels into the reserved tomato mixture.
- Using a whisk, add this mixture to the sour cream gradually, whisking constantly. Pour this sauce over the cooked mussels to serve.
Serving Suggestion: Garnish with chopped parsley, croutons and sour cream.
Per Serving: 438 Calories; 25 g Fat; 39g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 133mg Cholesterol; 250mg Calcium; 15g Saturated Fat; 1,309mg Sodium
Be the first to review this recipe.