Pasta with Red Pepper Sauce
Makes 4 Servings
- 8 ounces uncooked ziti, or rotini
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 16 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped and cooked
- 19-ounce jar roasted red peppers, rinsed thoroughly and drained
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Kemps Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in nonstick skillet, saut onions over medium heat in 1/2 cup of chicken broth for about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and olive oil; continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Combine drained roasted red peppers, thyme, salt, and remaining chicken broth in food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. Remove from food processor or blender and reserve.
- Blend cottage cheese in food processor until smooth. Add back roasted red pepper mixture and blend for about 1 minute. Transfer to nonstick skillet and heat, stirring often.
Per serving: 379 calories; 18.7 grams protein; 7.7 grams fat; 2.2 grams saturated fat; 63.2 grams carbohydrates; 144.6 milligrams calcium; 12.2 grams fiber
Be the first to review this recipe.