Sour Cream Marbled Brownie with Walnuts and Vanilla Cream
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 3 cup walnuts, chopped fine
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- 3/4 cup Kemps Sour Cream
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cup Kemps Sour cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Place a pot of water on the stove at medium heat. In a stainless steel bowl, place the chocolate and butter together and melt to a pourable liquid over the hot water, mixing constantly with a rubber spatula. Do not overheat.
- Combine the sugar and eggs in a separate bowl and mix them well with a whisk.
- Place the melted chocolate and butter mixture in a medium mixing bowl. On slow speed, mix the egg and sugar mixture into the chocolate slowly.
- Add the flour, walnuts and baking powder to the above mixture and mix on low for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Coat a 17 x 12-inch sheet pan with a nonstick cooking spray. Dust lightly and evenly with flour.
- Pour the chocolate batter into this mixture.
For the Marbling Mix
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla together. Mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time then the cream cheese and mix well.
- Add the sour cream and 2 tablespoons of flour. Mix this just enough together to make a smooth batter.
- With a large soup spoon, dispense this batter over the chocolate batter in the pan in a zig zag manner. Draw a knife through this to create a marble effect.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until an inserted tooth pick comes out clean. Cool. Cut the brownie while in the pan into 24 pieces.
- In a bowl mix the sour cream and confectioners sugar together. Separate this by half and add the cocoa powder to half the mixture. When the brownies are baked and fully cooled, top them by alternating chocolate and white icing, giving a marbled appearance.
Makes 24 Brownies
Per Serving: 398 Calories; 29g Fat; 8g Protein; 32g Carbohydrate; 128mg Cholesterol; 65mg Calcium; 12g Saturated Fat; 153mg Sodium
Be the first to review this recipe.