Sour Cream Marinated and Southern Fried Chicken
- 3/4 cup Kemps Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Kemps Milk
- 8 chicken boneless, skinless, 4 oz each
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- 1/2 cup potato chips, crushed fine
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Pound chicken thin.
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, milk and garlic powder.
- Place the chicken in the bowl, and cover. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine bread crumbs, parsley, and crushed potato chips.
- Remove chicken from sour cream marinade and press firmly into the breading mixture, completely coating the chicken. Repeat this for each piece.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over a medium heat until hot.
- Carefully place chicken into the oil and cook on each side until golden brown.Remove from oil and place on a paper towel.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Finish cooking the chicken by placing it on a baking sheet in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 F.
Per Serving: 291 Calories; 12g Fat; 27g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 71mg Cholesterol; 84mg Calcium; 3g Saturated Fat; 206mg Sodium
Be the first to review this recipe.