Spinach Rice and Cheese Gratin
- 2 cups white rice, cooked
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and finely diced
- 10 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1, 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp dried dill weed Fresh ground black pepper, to taste .
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups Kemps Cottage Cheese
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cook rice according to package directions. Let cool and set aside. Spray a 4 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and red bell pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes, then add mushrooms, cooking until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, feta cheese, dill weed, black pepper, egg, and cottage cheese. Stir in cooked vegetable mixture, and cooked rice.
- Spoon the entire mixture into prepared cooking dish. Smooth the top, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake about 30 minutes, or until golden on top.
Per serving: 264 calories; 17.5 grams protein; 9.6 grams fat; 4.6 gram saturated fat; 27.5 gram carbohydrates; 522.2 milligrams sodium; 215.1 milligrams calcium; 3 grams fiber
Be the first to review this recipe.