Appetizer / Main Dish
Spinach Stuffed Shells
- 20 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups Kemps Cottage Cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 egg whites
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions; drain and separate.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray bottom of 13x9x2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place cottage cheese and parsley in food processor (or blender).
- Process on high speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites with whisk for 1 minute.
- Stir in cottage cheese and spinach.
- Spread a half cup of marinara sauce in baking dish. Fill pasta shells with cottage cheese and spinach mixture.
- Arrange shells in baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over shells. Top with mozzarella cheese. Cover baking dish with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Be the first to review this recipe.