Makes 6 Servings
- 1 quart strawberries, sliced (fresh or frozen; thaw if frozen before using)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup Kemps Cottage Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Kemps Sour Cream
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp rum extract (optional)
- 1 cup finely crushed shortbread cookies (about 25)
- 3 Tbsp shaved dark chocolate
- 6 mint leaves
- In medium mixing bowl, combine strawberries and sugar. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Combine cottage cheese, sour cream, powdered sugar and rum extract in a medium bowl. Mix well. Set aside.
- In 8-ounce parfait glasses, layer the cheese mixure (2 Tbsp) with cookie crumbs and strawberries, in that order. Repeat until parfait glass is full.
- Top with shaved chocolate and a mint leaf.
- Kemps Sweetened Instant Whipped Cream may also be used as a garnish, if desired.
- Chill parfaits for 2 hours before serving.
Per serving: 475 calories; 7.6 grams protein; 18.2 grams fat; 5.5 grams saturated fat; 72 grams carbohydrates; 381.2 milligrams sodium; 57.6 milligrams calcium; 3.8 grams fiber