Stuffed Mushrooms with Cottage Cheese and Tomato Duxelle
Makes 3 Servings
- 6 Tbsp Kemps Cottage Cheese
- 15 button mushroom caps, medium
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup onions, diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp red wine
- 3 Tbsp diced tomato, seeded
- 1/3 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp Kemps Cottage Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- To clean mushrooms, rinse under cold water and brush gently to remove dirt. Remove the stems and place into a food processor; place the caps on a baking sheet. Finely chop mushroom stems using a food processor on pulse.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a saut pan over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and mushroom stems and pieces. Saut until translucent, tender and cooked dry, add the red wine and reduce the wine by half its volume. Add diced tomato and remove from the heat.
- Add the olives, cottage cheese and breadcrumbs to the mixture for the stuffing. Allow the filling to cool for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Fill each mushroom cap with about 1 tablespoon of stuffing.
- Top each mushroom with about a teaspoon of cottage cheese and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Cook for 10- 12 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Serving suggestion: Makes a great appetizer or hors d’oeuvre.
Per Serving: 151 Calories; 12g Fat; 4g Saturated Fat; 5g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 12mg Cholesterol; 56mg Calcium; 443mg Sodium