- 6 large green peppers, sliced lengthwise and cleaned of stems, seeds, and membranes
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) no salt added stewed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 cup Kemps Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Bring water to boil in large saucepan.
- Place peppers in boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove peppers with a slotted spoon and drain excess water.
- Saut onion in oil in small nonstick skillet. Reserve.
- In a large bowl, combine rice, onion, stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, and cottage cheese. Place peppers in a 13"x9"x2" baking dish.
- Spoon cottage cheese/rice mixture into pepper shells.
- Sprinkle each pepper half with 1 tablespoon shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until heated through.
Per serving (1/6 recipe): 205 Calories; 11g Protein; 6g Fat; 2g Fiber; 18mg Cholesterol; 599mg Sodium; 174mg Calcium
Be the first to review this recipe.