Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
A deliciously spiced twist on a plain favorite.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Kemps sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- fresh parsley, chopped for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour or until soft. Remove from oven and let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Split potatoes and remove the sweet potato insides to a medium sized bowl, reserving skins.
- In another bowl, add brown sugar, butter, sour cream and spices. Mash together.
- Gently combine the sweet potato insides and butter and sour cream mixture .
- Add the filling back inside the sweet potato skins and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.
Be the first to review this recipe.