Watkins Vanilla Egg Nog Walnut Crunch Bread
This rich and delicious autumn bread adds a festive touch to any fall celebration.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 tsp. Watkins Purest Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Watkins Ground Nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Watkins Vanilla Egg Nog by Kemps
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbles.
- Place 1/2 cup mixture in small bowl. Stir in nuts and spices and set aside.
- To remaining dry mixutre, add eggs and egg nog.
- Stir until well blended.
- Pour 1/3 of batter into well- buttered and floured 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of crumb mixture. Repeat twice.
- Bake 60-65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Wrap in plastic and store 24 hours before slicing.
Be the first to review this recipe.