TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Contests and Sweepstakes
Our site sometimes includes notices of promotions we are conducting, and we may permit you to enter electronically in some cases. If that occurs, we will use the information you provide for the purpose of conducting the promotion (e.g., to contact you if you’re a winner). Within a reasonable time after the conclusion of the promotion, the personal information will be deleted from our database, unless you’ve agreed to permit us to keep it and use it to contact you again.
KEMPS PASSION FOR GOOD CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS WHO MEET THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Contest Description: Kemps LLC (Sponsor) will award TWO (2) Grand Prizes (One (1) Grand Prize winner from MN & One (1) Grand Prize Winner from WI) to the Contestants whose submissions are selected by the Judges as the best entries. Please see Judging Criteria below for further information regarding the selection process.
- Contest Term: The Kemps Passion For Good Contest (the Contest) begins on December 22, 2017 at 12:00:01 am CST and ends on February 25, 2018 at 11:59:50 pm CST (the Contest Term). All entries must be received during the Contest Term. Sponsor’s computer timeclock is the timekeeper for all Contest purposes, and entries are only valid upon receipt by Sponsor’s computer system.
- Eligibility: No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or win this Contest. This Contest is only open to legal U.S. residents who are the age of majority or older at the time of the Contest entry and who reside in the following states: Minnesota & Wisconsin. Contestants may not be employees of the Sponsor, or of its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, partners, advertising or promotion agencies or prize donors, nor may they be members of the immediate families of any of the foregoing, or persons living in their households. Entries are limited to individuals only: commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible. THE CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITIED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW and is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Sponsor: Kemps LLC, 1270 Energy Lane, St. Paul, MN 55108 is the Sponsor of this Contest.
- Submissions: Each submission should: (i) include a story of how an inner circle is providing a strong support network for fueling you or your athlete’s passion for good; (ii) be suitable for all ages; (iii) be original and owned by Contestant; (iv) not contain any third party content, including but not limited to any copyrighted material, third party trademarks, and/or names or likeness of any third parties; and (v) not include any obscene, lewd or offensive content. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify or refuse to post any entry at any time. Once the entry is submitted, Contestant may not update, revise or rescind the entry. Any entry that is modified after being received may be disqualified. By submitting your submission, you accept all Contest rules and agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor and Judges. All entries, including all submissions, and all legal rights and interests in them, including the rights of copyright, become the exclusive property of Sponsor, who reserves the right to edit, adapt, copyright, publish, transfer and use any or all of them in all media worldwide, including the Internet, without compensation to you or any third party and will not be acknowledged or returned, or any portion thereof. Each entrant agrees to take any actions (including execution of documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or evidence the foregoing assignment.
- Judging: Selection of Winners: Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of judges representing Sponsor (the “Judges”) on or about February 26, 2018. The Judges will determine the Two (2) Grand Prize Winners based on the following criteria: Contribution of support circle in fueling athlete’s passion for good (50%); Athlete’s efforts in pursuing their athletic dreams (30%); Creativity and quality of submission (10%); Compatibility with Sponsor’s brand message (10%). Ties will be settled based on the tied entry with the highest score in the first criteria listed above. If there is still a tie, an independent qualified judge will be chosen to score the tied entries and select a winner based on the above criteria. The selection of the Grand Prize Winners’ submissions shall be made in the Judges’ sole and absolute discretion. All decisions of the Judges shall be final, and the Judges will not disclose scores for individual submissions. Winners will be announced on or about March 6, 2018.
- Prizes and Restrictions: TWO (2) Grand Prize Winners (the “Winners,” one (1) from MN & one (1) from WI) will each receive a Three (3) day, Two (2) night Trip for Four (4) to visit the US Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, CO. Any minor(s) traveling as Winner’s guest must travel with his/her parent or legal guardian, who must be included as one of the Winner’s three guests. The trip includes four round-trip airline tickets from Minneapolis/St. Paul to Colorado Springs, CO, two nights lodging (one standard room with two double beds), ground transportation while in Colorado Springs and tickets to the US Olympic Training Center. The approximate retail value (ARV) of the prize package is $4,020. Total Contest (ARV) is $8,040. Each Winner and three guests must travel on the same itinerary. Flights, transportation, accommodations and exact dates of visit to the US Olympic Training Center in mid-May or June, 2018 will be determined by the US Olympic Training Center & Sponsor. Actual value may vary based on timing of the trip. Taxes, if any, are the Winner’s responsibility. All other expenses including travel to and from the Minneapolis airport, parking, meals, drinks, gratuities, incidentals, insurance of any type, etc. not specified herein are the responsibility of the Winners and Winners’ guest(s). Winner must take the arrangements made; they cannot be altered, and failure of Winner or Winner’s travel guest(s) to follow such schedule shall not obligate Sponsor in any manner to make alternate arrangements. No substitution or transfer of prize is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value, if the advertised prize becomes unavailable or impractical. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor (and its designees) without any further compensation, consideration, notice, review or consent, to unconditionally and irrevocably use, exhibit and publish, in any medium now known or hereinafter known at any time, throughout the world in perpetuity, the following information and materials regarding each Winner and Winner’s guests: (a) name, city and state of residence, age, image, likeness, voice, biographical information and any statements for advertising, publicity, trade and public relations purposes, to the extent permitted by law; and (b) any film, tape recording or other reproduction of the appearance or voice of such people upon the awarding or enjoyment of the prize. Prize recipients and guests shall have no claim (including without limitation, claims based upon invasion of privacy, defamation or right of publicity) arising out of any such use or any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion or use in composite form, whether or not intentional.
Each Winner will be notified using the contact information provided in his/her entry. If a Winner is unable to be contacted using the information provided, for any reason, the Winner will be disqualified and the entry with the next best rating (determined by the Judges) will be selected as an alternate Winner. If for any reason any Winner is ineligible or does not accept the Grand Prize as described above, no cash or other compensation will be paid, and the entry with the next best rating (determined by the Judges) will be selected as an alternate Winner. Additionally, if the Winner is unable to comply with these rules and regulations, the entry with the next best rating (determined by the Judges) will be selected as an alternate Winner. Sponsor is not responsible for Winner limitations that prevent acceptance or use of any prize. Each Contestant preliminarily chosen as a Winner or alternate Winner, if applicable, (each, a “Potential Winner”) may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, and Publicity Release within ten (10) business days of receipt of such Affidavit and Release, and must possess age-defining documentation (i.e., photo identification) prior to the prize release. Failure to execute and return the required documents within ten (10) days of receipt may subject a Potential Winner to disqualification and, in such case, the entry with the next best rating (determined by the Judges) will be selected as an alternate Winner. Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a Potential Winner. No Prize is transferable or assignable to another party.
- Taxes: Winner is solely responsible for all applicable taxes associated with receipt of the Grand Prize.
- General: By entering this Contest, each Contestant warrants that: (a) the Contestant has read, understood, and followed the Kemps Passion For Good Contest Rules; (b) the Contestant agrees to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and the Judges; (c) the Contestant is eligible under these Contest Rules; (d) the submission is original and owned by Contestant. All Potential Winners and their entries may be subject to verification and investigation before being awarded any prizes. In the event not enough qualified entries are received, Sponsor is not responsible to award more prizes than entries received. This Contest shall be governed by Minnesota law. By participating in this Contest, Contestants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and Minnesota courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Contest and that venue shall be only in Minneapolis, Minnesota; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event shall there be a claim or award of attorneys’ fees or costs; and (c) under no circumstances will Contestants be permitted to obtain, and Contestant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO EACH CONTESTANT AND/OR WINNER.
- Limitation of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information associated with or utilized in the Contest or for any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of entries in the Contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any incomplete, misdirected, late or lost entries, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, garbled or corrupted data transmitted, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries or entry data. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
Contestants agree that Sponsor, Judges, Facebook, the United States Olympic Committee, prize suppliers, participating retailers, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective parent and affiliate companies, suppliers, printers, distributors, and the respective officers, managers, members, directors, employees, representatives and agents of each and any other person or entity related in any way to this Contest (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless and indemnified by Contestants against, any and all liability, including but not limited to any death, injury, loss or damage of any kind, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the Grand Prize, participation in this Contest, or while traveling to, preparing for or participating in any prize-related activity. The Contest Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property in connection with the delivery and/or subsequent use of the prize, or any portion thereof, awarded.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of any of the Contest; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person in Sponsor’s sole discretion. CAUTION: ANY DELIBERATE ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Facebook Role: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook. Entrants are providing their personal information to Sponsor, and not to Facebook.
- Winners List: For a list of winners, send a written request together with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Kemps Passion For Good Contest c/o Kemps LLC, 1270 Energy Lane, St. Paul, MN 55108. Requests must be received by April 30, 2018.
- Change or Cancellation: Sponsor reserves the right to change the rules or cancel this offer at any time without further obligation or liability.
- Copyright © Kemps LLC. All rights reserved. The Kemps logo is a registered trademark of Kemps LLC.
Questionnaires and Surveys
We may occasionally ask visitors to complete surveys and opinion polls about their attitudes and interests. Surveys help us to understand your needs. If sample answers to surveys are posted on the website site, no personally identifiable information will be included. If you participate in one of our surveys, you can be assured that we do not maintain any personal information about you in our databases as a result of the survey.
How We Use Your Personal Information
If you specifically agreed to follow-up contacts by us or asked to be put on our mailing list when you registered, we may contact you from time to time. For example, we may send you marketing or promotion materials; we may respond to your comments or requests for information; or we may contact you if needed in the course of processing a product or service you requested through our website.
When you use our Recipe function, we collect whatever information you submit, whether it’s in the form comments that explain your opinions about a recipe or how to prepare it. Please remember that when you post your comments they are publicly available, so you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose anything personal about yourself. We will not display comments that include personally identifying information.
In the e-mail section of our site, we ask for some personally-identifiable information, such as your name and phone number. We use this information only if we need to contact you directly because our attempts to contact you by e-mail were unsuccessful. We don’t use your e-mail address for any purpose other than responding to the message you’ve sent, unless we have your permission.
We also use personal information about you to improve our marketing and promotional efforts; to statistically analyze website usage; and to improve our features and content. We may also use your personal information to deliver content that is customized to your interests as we best understand them from the information you’ve provided to us and your activities on the site. This customized content may include such things as recipes, banners, product information, and promotions. We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may combine non-personal information collected automatically with your previously submitted personal information.
Third Parties Who Provide Support Services to Kemps LLC
In the course of doing business, we employ other companies and individuals to perform a variety of functions on our behalf. For example, we hire agencies to help administer consumer promotions, to analyze data, to fulfill orders you place, and to provide customer service. These agents may have access to personal information if it is needed to perform their functions for Kemps; however, they are prohibited from using it for other purposes and they are required to maintain the information in confidence.
Data Sharing and Transfer
We do not sell, transfer, or disclose the personally-identifiable information we gather at our websites to third parties without your prior consent. There are only two exceptions to this rule: (1) We will disclose information in cases where we believe in good faith that it is necessary to prevent a crime or an injury to ourselves or third parties; and (2) We disclose information to third parties who provide support services to us, as described above.
There may be times when we share aggregate information about our visitors (for example, the percentage of male and female visitors to our site) with advertisers, business partners, sponsors, and other third parties in an effort to customize or enhance the content and advertising of our site for our users. We may also aggregate data from web log files (such as your web browser, operating system, pages visited, etc.) to understand how users navigate the site and what features are most popular.
Links to Other Sites
Choice and Control
You are ultimately in control of the personally-identifiable information you provide to us on our site. For example, you can always change your preference for follow-up contacts just calling our 1-800 number as mentioned on the About Kemps.
Important Note to Kids
Before providing your name, address, e-mail address, or any other personal information to anyone on the Internet, be sure to ask your parents if it’s OK.
Some portions of our website are directed in whole or in part to kids under 13. In these areas of our website, our conduct is governed by federal law and regulations that address children’s online privacy, as well as by the guidelines of the Children’s Advertising Review Unit (CARU), a part of the Council of Better Business Bureaus.
We do not directly collect personally identifiable information from kids under 13 in the child-directed areas of our website, except as permitted by federal regulations and CARU guidelines. We do sometimes offer promotions in these areas of our website, such as a sweepstakes or contest. In those cases, we may permit the child to enter by submitting a first name and e-mail address only, along with the name and e-mail address of his/her parent. We then would notify the parent about the child’s entry, and offer the parent an opportunity to withdraw the entry and remove the submitted information from our database. If the parent permits the child’s participation in the promotion and the child wins, we contact the parent (not the child) for further personal information needed for any prize delivery. We do not use the child’s personal information for any purpose other than completion of the promotion, and we do not share the information with third parties (other than support service companies as described above), unless we’ve explicitly said so in the notice to parents. We delete both the child’s and the parent’s personal information from our database within a reasonable time after the conclusion of these promotions, unless the parent has given permission for us to retain the information in our files.
Under federal law, websites directed to children under 13 are prohibited from conditioning a child’s participation in an activity on the child’s disclosing more personal information than is reasonably necessary to engage in the activity. We comply fully with this requirement.
Upon proper identification, any parent can review any personal information we have collected from their child, if we are still maintaining the information in our operational database. They may also request that the information be deleted from our database, and refuse to permit further collection or use of their child’s information. If you are a parent and wish to exercise these rights, please contact Kemps LLC as described below.
How To Contact Us
1270 Energy Lane, St. Paul, MN 55108
Attention: Consumer Relations Department
We’ll be happy to answer your questions or hear your concerns.