Chicken and Corn Chowder
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn to puree
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 3 cups very low sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 cup Kemps Half & Half
- In a food processor or blender, puree 2 cups corn; add some chicken broth, if necessary. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat canola oil. Add chicken and cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat, or until done. Remove chicken from pan and place on cutting board. Dice chicken and set aside. Save drippings in the pan.
- Place onion and celery in saucepan and saut until soft. Sprinkle with flour and cook until bubbly.
- Add chicken broth, pureed corn, 2 cups whole corn, and potatoes; simmer gently until potatoes are cooked, about 15 minutes. Add chicken and Kemps Half & Half. Heat gently. Serve warm.
Makes 4 servings as a hearty meal; 6-8 servings as a side dish
Nutrition Analysis (with chicken; serves 4): 440 calories, 15g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 48g total carbohydrates, 5g fiber, 33g protein, 70mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 44mg (4% DV) calcium
Nutrition Analysis (without chicken, serves 4): 310 calories, 12g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 5mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 48g total carbohydrates, 5g fiber, 7g protein, 32mg (3% DV) calcium