Egg Sandwich with Cottage Cheese and Grilled Ham
- 1 Portuguese muffin
- 2 eggs Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 slices ham
- 1 tsp tartar sauce
- 1/8 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 Tbsp Kemps Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 tsp scallion, shaved fine
- Cut the muffin in half with a serrated knife and reserve for toasting.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk eggs and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a 6-inch nonstick skillet on medium heat. Once the pan is fully heated, lightly spray the pan with a non-stick cooking spray. Place the ham in the pan and cook on both sides until well heated and lightly browned. At the same time, toast the muffin.
- Spread a thin coat of tartar sauce over both halves of bread and top the bottom muffin piece with shredded iceberg lettuce.
- Once the ham is heated place on top of the lettuce. Then begin cooking the eggs by first coating the skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and stir with a rubber spatula until half cooked.
- Add the cottage cheese and scallions and cook thoroughly.
- Place the eggs on the prepared muffin. Top with other muffin half. Put together, cut in half, and serve.
Makes 1 Sandwich
Serving suggestion: Serve the sandwich with fresh fruit.
Per Serving: 385 Calories; 7 g Fat; 29g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 450mg Cholesterol; 134mg Calcium; 5g Saturated Fat; 1,002mg Sodium