Hearts of Iceberg Lettuce with A Lemon and Cottage Cheese Dressing
- 3 Tbsp Kemps Cottage Cheese
- 1 1/2 Tbl olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp parsely, chopped
- 1/4 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/8 head iceberg lettuce hearts, wedges
- 1/8 cup red onion
- 1/8 cup roasted red pepper
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for the dressing. Mix well and season with salt and pepper. Reserve until you are ready to serve the salad.
- Remove core from a head of iceberg lettuce and divide by 8.
- To assemble salad, place two wedges of iceberg lettuce overlapping them on the plate.
- Top with the dressing and garnish with red onion and roasted peppers.
Serving Suggestion: Enjoy this as a light lunch along with a whole grain roll, or serve with dinner.
Per Serving: 264 Calories; 23g Fat; 7g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 6mg Cholesterol; 58mg Calcium; 4g Saturated Fat; 516mg Sodium