Oatmeal Creme Brulee
Get a nutritious start to your day with oatmeal creme brulee!
- 2¼ cups old-fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup Splenda
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3-1/3 cups fat-free or 1% Kemps milk
- 2 eggs or equivalent amount of egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- cinnamon (optional)
- 1 heaping tablespoon brown sugar (more or less to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8×11-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine milk, eggs and vanilla in large bowl. Add oats, Splenda and salt; mix well. (Add cinnamon to taste, if desired).
- Pour into baking dish, spread oats as needed.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until center jiggles, but is not runny. Edges should be lightly browned and may pull away from dish slightly. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over the top. Return to oven and bake until sugar is melted.
- Turn oven to broil and heat until sugar bubbles and browns slightly (about 1-2 minutes). Allow to cool, cut into 8 servings.
- Use more brown sugar on top if you want a sweeter dish or a more solid “crust” like that on traditional creme brulee.
- For a more filling breakfast, serve with cut up fruit, berries, fat-free yogurt or fat-free whipped topping.