Pita Pizza with Cottage Cheese and Tomato
- 1 pita Bread, 6 inch, cut open into two halves
- Garlic, granulated, to taste
- 1/2 cup diced tomato, canned, with garlic, oregano, and basil, drained
- 1/4 cup Kemps Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 black olives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Split the pita in half. Place on a flat surface, inside up. Lightly coat the pita halves with non-stick cooking spray, and season with garlic.
- Place the opened pitas on a baking sheet and bake for 4-5 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove from the oven and top the pita crusts with the diced tomato and cottage cheese. Drizzle with olive oil, garnish with parsley and olives, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the pizzas in the oven for 15 minutes or until they are golden brown and the cheese is slightly melted.
Makes 2 pizzas
Serving Suggestion: Serve warm from the oven with cracked black pepper and a large green salad.
Per Serving: 154 Calories; 6g Fat; 7g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 1mg Cholesterol; 50mg Calcium; 1g Saturated Fat; 310mg Sodium