Roast Chicken with Tarragon Dijon Sour Cream Dressing
- Roast chicken, seasoned and roasted
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp onion, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 Tbsp tarragon, fresh, chopped
- 3/4 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 cup Kemps Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Kemps Heavy Cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- After the chicken is roasted, prepare the dressing.
- In a saute pan heat the butter over a medium to high heat until fully melted.
- Add the onion and garlic and saut until translucent.
- Add the wine and allow it to reduce by half. Add the tarragon, mustard, and parsley. Remove from heat.
- Slowly add the butter/herb mixture to the sour cream in a stainless bowl. Mix constantly. When this is fully incorporated adjust the thickness with the heavy cream.
- Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Slice roasted chicken. Serve sauce over chicken.
Serving Suggestion: This dressing is good with roast chicken or pork, veal and turkey. Also delicious on cooked vegetables.
Per Serving: 223 Calories; 17g Fat; 12g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 89mg Cholesterol; 68mg Calcium; 11g Saturated Fat; 90mg Sodium